Terms & Conditions
- Our responsibility
4.1 It is our responsibility to deliver your goods to you, or produce them for your collection, undamaged. By “undamaged” we mean in the same condition as they were in at the time when they were packed or otherwise made ready for transportation and/ or storage. 4.2 In the event that we have undertaken to pack the goods, or otherwise make them ready for transportation and/or storage, it is our responsibility to deliver them to you, or produce them for your collection, undamaged. Again, by “undamaged” we mean in the same condition as they were in immediately prior to being packed/ made ready for transportation or storage. 4.3 If we fail to discharge the responsibilities identified in clause 4.1 and 4.2, we will, subject to the provisions of clauses 9, 11 and 12, be liable under this agreement to compensate you for such failure. 4.4 We will not be liable to compensate you where clauses 2.2, 3.2, 5.2 and 5.3 apply unless loss or damage occurred as a result of negligence or breach of contract on our part. 4.5 If you do not provide us with a declaration of value of your goods, or if you do not require us to accept standard liability pursuant to clause 9.1 we will not be liable to you for failure to discharge the responsibilities identified in clause 4.1 and 4.2, unless that failure was caused by negligence or breach of contract on our part. 4.6 The amount of our liability under this clause shall be determined in accordance with clauses 9 and 11.
- Goods not to be submitted for removal or storage
5.1 Unless previously agreed in writing by a director or other authorized company representative, the following items must not be submitted for removal or storage and will under no circumstances be moved or stored by us. The items listed under 5.1.1 below may present risks to health and safety and of fire. Items listed under 5.1.2 to 5.1.6 below carry other risks and you should make your own arrangements for their transport and storage. 5.1.1 Prohibited or stolen goods, drugs, pornographic material, potentially dangerous, damaging or explosive items, including gas bottles, aerosols, paints, firearms and ammunition. 5.1.2 Jewellery, watches, trinkets, precious stones or metals, money, deeds, securities, stamps, coins, or goods or collections of any similar kind. 5.1.3 Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination. 5.1.4 Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment. 5.1.5 Any animals, birds or fish. 5.1.6 Goods which require special license or government permission for export or import.
- If we do agree to remove such goods, we will not accept liability for loss or damage unless we are negligent or in breach of contract, in which case all these conditions will apply.
- If you submit such goods without our knowledge we will make them available for your collection and if you do not collect them within a reasonable time we will apply for an appropriate court order to dispose of any such goods found in the consignment without notice. You will furthermore pay to us any charges, expenses, damages, legal costs or penalties incurred by us.
- Ownership of the goods
6.1 By entering into this Agreement, you guarantee that: 6.1.1 The goods to be removed and/or stored are your own property, or 6.1.2 The person(s) who own or have an interest in them have given you authority to make this contract and have been made aware of these conditions. 6.1.3 You will pay us for any claim for damages and/or costs brought against us if either warranty 6.1.1 or 6.1.2 is not true.
- Charges if you postpone or cancel the removal
7.1 If you postpone or cancel this Agreement, we will charge you according to how much notice is given. “Working days” refer to the normal working week of Monday to Friday and excludes weekends and Public Holidays. 7.1.1 More than 7 working days before the removal was due to start: No charge. 7.1.2 Between 3 and 7 working days inclusive before the removal was due to start: not more than 30% of the removal charge. 7.1.3 Less than 3 working days before the removal was due to start: not more than 50% of the removal charge. 7.1.4 If the move is postponed within 48 hours of the move date, and a new move date is agreed at the time of postponement then there will be a 30% postponement charge. If at the time of postponement there is no move date, then this will be deemed as a cancellation and not more than 50% of the removal charge will be due. If the move is postponed or cancelled on the morning of the move, then the charge of 100% of the move cost will be charged. 7.1.5 if the move is postponed, then subsequently postponed again the deposit will be retained and the full cost for the move will be due prior to commencement of the move. 7.1.6 If the move is not concluded within 30 days of the date of this booking, and the customer chooses to cancel the move then 100% of the deposit will be charged. No deposit refund is payable.
8.1 Unless otherwise agreed by us in writing: 8.1.1 Payment is required by cleared funds in advance of the removal or storage period. 8.1.2 You may not withhold any part of the agreed price. 8.1.3 In respect of all sums which are overdue to us, we will charge interest on a daily basis calculated at 4% per annum above the prevailing base rate for the time being of the Bank of England. 8.1.4 We accept payment by most major debit and credit cards, PayPal, Google Checkout. A surcharge of 3% for all credit/debit cards applies. 8.1.5 Payment is due 3 working days in advance of the agreed moving date, unless agreed in writing. Should payment not be received by the move date then the move may be cancelled. This decision will be made after agreement with the Removal contractors. If the move goes ahead, then payment must be made within 3 working days of the move date. If payment is not received by the 3rd working day, then a fee of £25.00 is added to the balance for collection charges, then interest charged at 2% per month, calculated daily. If payment is not received within 30 days, then the collection will be passed to a debt collection agency. The customer will be subject to the DCA fees. 8.1.6 Should a customer pay by cheque and the cheque is unauthorised by the bank then an administration fee of £25.00 will be charged by Movingeverywhere.co.uk Ltd 8.1.7 If your items are in storage, your payment is due as per invoice due date. If payment is not received within 7 days of this date a £12.00 late fee will be applied. Your goods will not be released until your balance is paid in full
- Determination of amount of our liability for loss or damage
- Standard Liability.
9.1.1 If you provide us with a declaration of the value of your goods, and subject to clause 3.1.1, the amount of our liability to you in the event of loss or damage to those goods in breach of clause 4 will be determined in accordance with Clauses 3, Clauses 9.1.2, 9.1.3 and 11 below, subject to a maximum liability of £20,000. We may agree to accept liability for a higher amount, in which case we may make an additional charge.
- In the event of loss of or damage to your goods in breach of clause 4, our liability to you is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement whichever is the smaller sum, taking into account the age and condition of the goods immediately prior to their loss or damage, and subject to the maximum liability of £20,000 referred to in clause 9.1.1 (unless we have agreed a higher amount with you).
- Where the lost or damaged item is part of a pair or set, our liability to you, where it is assessed as the cost of replacement of that item, is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of that item in isolation, not the cost of that item as part of a pair or set.
- The procedure to follow in the event of damage as set out in Clause 3.1.15 must be adhered to to allow a claim to be processed. Failure to follow the procedure will invalidate any claim.
9.2 Limited Liability.
- If you do not provide us with a declaration of value, or if you do not require us to accept Standard Liability pursuant to clause 9.1, then our liability to you is to be determined in accordance with Clauses 3, 9.1.3, 9.2.2 and 11.
9.2.2 In the event of loss of or damage to your goods caused by negligence or breach of contract on our part, our liability to you is to be assessed as a sum equivalent to the cost of their repair or replacement, taking into account their age and condition immediately prior to their loss or damage, subject to a maximum liability of £40 per item. Your attention is drawn to clause 3, 11.1 which applies to Limited Liability. 9.3 For goods destined to or received from a place outside the UK
- We will only accept Standard Liability if you provide us with a detailed valuation of your goods on the valuation form which we provide. All other provisions of Clause 9.1 will apply.
- We do not accept liability for loss of or damage to goods confiscated, seized, removed or damaged by Customs Authorities or other Government Agencies unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract.
9.3.3 We do not accept liability for loss of or damage to goods occurring in certain overseas countries, including Gambia, Iran, Iraq, Nigeria, Libya, Lebanon, Angola, Cambodia, Vietnam, N. Korea and Former States of the USSR, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. This list is not exhaustive, and we will advise you at the time of quotation if this exclusion applies. We will accept liability for loss or damage (a) Arising from our negligence or breach of contract whilst the goods are in our physical possession, or (b) Whilst the goods are in the possession of others if the loss or damage is established to have been caused by our failure to pack the goods to a reasonable standard where we have been contracted to pack the goods that are subject to the claim. In either circumstance clause 9.1 or 9.2 above will apply.
- An Item is defined as: –
- The entire contents of a box, parcel, package, carton, or similar container; and
- Any other object or thing that is moved handled or stored by us.
- Damage to premises or property other than goods
10.1 Because third party contractors are frequently present at the time of collection or delivery our liability for loss or damage is limited as follows: 10.1.1 If we cause loss or damage to premises or property other than goods for removal as a result of our negligence or breach of contract, our liability shall be limited to making good the damaged area only. 10.1.2 If we cause damage as a result of moving goods under your express instruction, against our advice, and where to move the goods in the manner instructed is likely to cause damage, we shall not be liable. 10.1.3 If we are responsible for causing damage to your premises or to property other than goods submitted for removal and/or storage, you must note this on the worksheet or delivery receipt as soon as practically possible or within a reasonable time. This is fundamental to the Agreement.
- Exclusions of liability
11.1 In respect of Limited Liability, we will not be liable for loss of or damage to your goods as a result of fire or explosion howsoever that fire or explosion was caused, unless we have been negligent or in breach of contract. 11.2 In respect of Standard Liability and Limited Liability, other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the following goods: –
- Bonds, Securities, Stamps of all kinds, Manuscripts or other Documents or Electronically held Data Records, Mobile Telephones
- Plants or goods likely to encourage vermin or other pests or to cause infestation or contamination.
- Perishable items and/or those requiring a controlled environment.
- Furs exceeding £100 in value, Jewellery, Watches, Precious Stones and Metals, Money, Coins, Deeds.
- Any animals, birds or fish.
In respect of Standard Liability and Limited Liability, other than as a result of our negligence or breach of contract we will not be liable for any loss of, damage to, or failure to produce the goods if caused by any of the following circumstances: –
- By war, invasion, acts of foreign enemies, hostilities (whether war is declared or not), civil war, terrorism, rebellion and/or military coup, Act of God, industrial action or other such events outside our reasonable control.
- Loss or damage arising from ionising radiations or radioactive contamination
- Loss or damage arising from Chemical, Biological, Bio-chemical, Electromagnetic Weapons and Cyber Attack
- Indirect or consequential loss of any kind or description
- By normal wear and tear, natural or gradual deterioration, leakage or evaporation or from perishable or unstable goods. This includes goods left within furniture or appliances.
- By vermin, moth, insects and similar infestation, damp, mould, mildew or rust
- By cleaning, repairing or restoring unless we arranged for the work to be carried out.
- By change to atmospheric or climatic conditions.
- For any goods in wardrobes, drawers or appliances, or in a package, bundle, carton, case or other container not both packed and unpacked by us.
- Loss of or damage to china, glassware and fragile items unless they have been both professionally packed and unpacked by us or our Subcontractor. In the event of an accident involving an owner packed container where damage would have occurred irrespective of the quality of the packing, then our liability is limited to £100 or its actual value whichever is less.
- For electrical or mechanical derangement to any appliance, instrument, clock, computer or other equipment unless there is evidence of related external damage.
- Loss or damage of motor vehicles caused by scratching, denting and marring unless you obtain from us a pre-collection condition report.
- Loss or damage to a vehicle whilst being driven or for the purpose of being driven under its own power other than for the purpose of loading onto or unloading from the carrying conveyance or container. Loss or damage sustained by accessories and removable items unless lost with the vehicle
- For any goods which have a pre-existing defect or are inherently defective.
11.4 No employee of ours shall be separately liable to you for any loss, damage, mis-delivery, errors or omissions under the terms of this Agreement. 11.5 Our liability will cease upon handing over goods from our warehouse or upon completion of delivery (see Clause 12.2 below). 12 Time limit for claims 12.1 For goods which we deliver, you must notify us in writing of any visible loss, damage or failure to produce any goods at the time of delivery. 12.2 If you or your agent collect the goods, you must notify us in writing of any loss or damage at the time the goods are handed to you or your agent. 12.3 Notwithstanding clauses 3, 9, 10 and 11 we will not be liable for any loss of or damage to the goods unless a claim is notified to us, or to our agent or the company carrying out the collection or delivery of the goods on our behalf, in writing as soon as such loss or damage is discovered (or with reasonable diligence ought to have been discovered) and in any event within seven (7) days of delivery of the goods by us. Any damage to furniture must be noted prior to the men leaving the site. 12.4 The time limit for notifying us of your claim may be extended upon receipt of your written request provided such request is received within seven (7) days of delivery. Consent to such a request will not be unreasonably withheld. 13 Delays in transit 13.1 Other than by reason of our negligence or breach of contract, we will not be liable for delays in transit. 13.2 If through no fault of ours we are unable to deliver your goods; we will take them into store. The Agreement will then be fulfilled and any additional service(s), including storage and delivery, will be at your expense. 14 Our Right to Hold the Goods (lien) We shall have a right to withhold and/or ultimately dispose of some or all of the goods until you have paid all our charges and any other payments due under this or any other Agreement. (See also Clause 23). These include any charges that we have paid out on your behalf. While we hold the goods you will be liable to pay all storage charges and other costs incurred by our withholding your goods and these terms and conditions shall continue to apply. 15 Disputes Where we can not resolve any complaintsusing our own complaints procedure, as a Which? Trusted Trader we use Ombudsmen Service Ltd for dispute resolutions. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact Which? Trusted Traders in the first instance on 0117 981 2929 16 Our right to sub-contract the work 16.1 We reserve the right to sub-contract some or all of the work. 16.2 If we sub-contract, then these conditions will still apply. 17 Route and method 17.1 We have the right to choose the method and route by which to carry out the work. 17.2 Unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise in writing in our Quotation, other space/volume/capacity on our vehicles and/or the container may be utilized for consignments of other customers. 18 Advice and information for International Removals We will use our reasonable endeavours to provide you with up to date information to assist you with the import/export of your goods. Information on such matters as national or regional laws and regulations which are subject to change and interpretation at any time is provided in good faith and is based upon existing known circumstances. It is your responsibility to seek appropriate advice to verify the accuracy of any information provided. 19 Applicable laws This contract is subject to the law of the country in which the office of the company issuing this contract is situated. 20 Your forwarding address 20.1 If you send goods to be stored, you must provide an address for correspondence and notify us if it changes. All correspondence and notices will be considered to have been received by you seven days after sending it to your last address recorded by us. 20.2 If you do not provide an address or respond to our correspondence or notices, we may publish such notices in a public newspaper in the area to or from which the goods were removed. Such notice will be considered to have been received by you seven days after the publication date of the newspaper. Note: If we are unable to contact you, we will charge you any costs incurred in establishing your whereabouts. 21 List of goods (inventory) or receipt Where we produce a list of your goods (inventory) or a receipt and send it to you, it will be accepted as accurate unless you write to us within 10 days of the date of our sending, or a reasonable period agreed between us, notifying us of any errors or omissions. 22 Revision of storage charges We review our storage charges periodically. You will be given 3 months’ notice in writing of any increases. 23 Our right to Sell or dispose of the Goods If payment of our charges relating to your goods is in arrears, and on giving you 60 DAYS NOTICE, we are entitled to require you to remove your goods from our custody and pay all money due to us. If you fail to pay all outstanding amounts due to us, we may sell or dispose of some or all of the goods without further notice. The cost of the sale or disposal will be charged to you. The net proceeds will be credited to your account and any eventual surplus will be paid to you without interest. If the full amount due is not received, we may seek to recover the balance from you. 24 Terminations If payments are up to date, we will not end this contract except by giving you three months’ notice in writing. If you wish to terminate your storage contract, you must give us at least 10 working days’ notice (working days are defined in Clause 7 above). If we can release the goods earlier, we will do so, provided that your account is paid up to date. Charges for storage are payable to the date when the notice should have taken effect. 25 Force Majeure Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside its reasonable control, including but not limited to acts of God, strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a natural source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.. Movingeverywhere.co.uk Ltd Registered Number 06276531 Registered in England & Wales Mottram House, 43 Greek Street, Stockport, SK3 8AX Office: Unit 3, Westbrook Road, Trafford Park, Manchester, M17 1AY